Over 100 Years of Service to Christ
Organized as a community church in 1914, the first in the new village of Little Lands, later Tujunga, the founders first worshipped in Bolton Hall. In 1920 the first building was erected, the Weiman Memorial Chapel. In 1924 the Church became a Methodist Church. A new church was built by the growing congregation a few years later and the building was dedicated on July 15, 1928 with 173 members. In 1952, with a membership of 332, the Church decided to relocate so as to provide room for growth. The present property was purchased a year alter and the Education Building was erected in 1957. The completion of the Parish Hall in November 1959, brought the Church family of 750 members to one site again and for six years this adaptable building served the worship service and fellowship activities. The current Sanctuary was begun on July 29, 1964, with groundbreaking services. Ed Brookins, then chairman of the Building Committee turned the first full shovel of dirt. The Sanctuary was consecrated to the glory of God on November 7, 1965, by Bishop Gerald H. Kennedy. Distirct Superintendent Frank Williams and Rev. Clark Robbins led the services which were telecast by KTLA. A membership of 890 was ready for the next half-century of Christian service with its new House of God as its gathering place for worship and inspiration.